I have found some terrific new beauty products this year that I am unusually excited about. Sometimes I get into a rut and use the same products forever. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it, you know? It’s been really fun to discover new products that work as well as these do to make me look and feel great.
1. Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure – It touts 7 benefits of a salon manicure in a bottle including a base coat, top coat, and gel shine. I’ve used their Complete Salon Manicure products before and I find they last longer than any home manicure I can recall and I like using only ONE product. I also especially love the big, flat brush–makes so much sense! This year I am digging Commander in Chic. It’s elegant and on trend.
2. Marcelle Golden Glow BB Cream – I am sold on this product. I’ve tried three other BB creams. Two were too slick/oily and one was mostly ok but the color didn’t make sense and made my skin feel dry. This one is hypo-allergenic, perfume-free and oil-free, and has the perfect amount of coverage in a lovely color that just makes me look healthy! I love wearing this alone. It gives me a really nice no-makeup look and is a wonderful makeup prep product. Currently it is carried exclusively through Birchbox.
3. Stroke of Light Eye Brightener – I’ve been a bareMinerals user for years. As soon as I realized I couldn’t wear liquid foundation any longer because I have too much activity around my eyes, I switched to mineral powder and this is the brand I stayed with. Their products work really well for me but this little gem was new to me this year. Here’s a tip: If you think you need under eye concealer–you do. This is a creamy formula that I apply with a makeup brush right in those dark circles over my foundation and I swear, it makes me look like I actually slept.
4. Sonia Kashuk Eye Couture Eye Palette – Eye on Neutral – I am not typically an eye shadow user. When I buy eyeshadow it will last for.EV.er. and I usually toss it because it gets old. I read a bunch of reviews about this product and since everybody–to the person–loved it, I thought I’d give it a try. I was curious about it not only because of what everybody else said, but because I liked the assortment of neutral colors . . . with no shimmer! I am not a shimmer girl but Sonia Kashuk does make this in a shimmer option. I have not been disappointed and have actually used this far more than I imagined I would. The colors are universally flattering neutrals and the powder is super smooth. I love it. Sonia Kashuk’s line is available exclusively at Target.
5. Sephora + Pantone Color IQ – If you’re going to wear foundation, you ought to get your shade matched. Sephora has a nifty gadget that, I think, takes a digital image directly against your skin in about three areas on your face. It matches your shade exactly and finds brands that carry your shade. It’s clever and takes the confusion out of finding your perfect match. Then, if you want to go a shade or two warmer or cooler, you have a starting point from which to start. A lot of Sephora stores carry bareMinerals, which is how I learned about the color match system.
6. Aero Body Infusion – This isn’t a new product to me but it is magic in an aerosol can. I am blessed with lots of hair but rarely know what to do with it. That leaves me with a mop of what I call Seaweed on a Rock. Enter Aero Body Infusion. If I spray this onto my roots before I dry my hair . . . voila! No seaweed–just a look that almost seems like I knew what I was doing. Match this with the occasional good hair cut and it is a stellar combination. Problem? I don’t know where to find this since it came from somebody who gave me a haircut I asked her not to give to me three times in a row. It comes from tri Professional Haircare, so I am on the prowl . . .
7. Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs – Did you know about this? Did you know?! This product is genius! I read something about leg makeup and thought, What? Who could be so vain? Turns out this girl can be. If you read my post about Comparing Yourself to Others you might remember me talking about my light skin and veiny legs that keep me from wearing a lot of skirts and shorts. Not anymore. Enter Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs. You rub it on just like a regular lotion but it gives your skin a nice color (four shades) and diminishes imperfections (like veins). It lasts all day and doesn’t rub off on your clothing. I don’t know how, but it doesn’t. It’s better than getting sun damage and better than using a rub on tan that you have to keep applying every day to keep the color and still smells even if they say it doesn’t. Sally Hansen Airbrush legs helps your legs look slim and toned and pretty and you wash it off with soap and water. What’s not to like?
I haven’t been tickled with new products in such a long time, so this is a banner season! These are easily going to be my favorite beauty products for a while. What new products have you found that you’re loving?