I have two punch bowls. Two punch bowls that I can’t remember using.
One is a fancy etched crystal version from the 60’s with matching cups that I inherited from my mother. It’s so pretty and I suppose I’ve had punch from it, but I can’t remember when. The other is a plastic thing from the party store and I imagine it was used for a bridal or baby shower I threw, maybe both.
Punch isn’t something that gets made very often, is it? I guess it’s a special occasion kind of thing. Well, there’s a pretty special occasion coming up–two in fact–that deserve some delicious, celebratory punch.
We won’t be bringing out any punch bowls, but this drink will definitely be enjoyed. I think the most exciting flavor is the infused simple syrup. It’s got ginger and rosemary in it to add a little zing to the pomegranate juice, orange liqueur and Prosecco.
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup sugar
- 5 thin slices of peeled ginger
- 2 fresh rosemary sprigs
- 2 cups pomegranate juice
- 1 cup orange liqueur
- 1 bottle Prosecco
- In a small saucepan combine ½ cup water and ½ cup sugar, peeled ginger, and rosemary sprigs.
- Cook and stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Remove from heat.
- Cover and let stand for 30 minutes.
- Strain. This infused simple syrup can be stored in a glass jar in the refrigerator if you aren't making the punch right away.
- In a bowl, combine syrup, pomegranate juice, orange liqueur, and Prosecco.
- Serve over ice with fresh rosemary sprigs and orange slices (optional)
Enjoy your holiday punch and Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to you. Cheers!